Thursday, July 11, 2013

3 Ingredient Pancakes

I love me some breakfast food.  When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I think about is what I'm going to have for breakfast.  Since I'm not much of a snacker it's got to hold me over until lunch.  And some mornings, the Kashi just doesn't cut it in the delicious department.  So I started tinkering with pancake recipes and settled on this as my weekday go-to:



3 Ingredient Pancakes

1 banana
2 eggs
1/4 cup oatmeal

optional but encouraged:
*splash vanilla
*dash cinnamon
(*the addition of which would technically make these 5 ingredient pancakes, but just.  go with it.)

Combine all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth. Pour onto greased griddle on medium-low (careful!  they'll burn at any higher temp) until bubbles form.  Flip and cook about 1-2 minutes more or to desired doneness.  Serve with peanut butter (a banana's best friend) and/or syrup.


I make these abouuuut every other day.  No joke.  They are that good.  And super healthy unless you are like me and go overboard on the melted peanut butter syrup.  This makes enough for about 5-6 smallish pancakes, and you can easily double/triple the recipe and freeze the rest for a week's worth of breakfasts.  Also a good way to use up overripe bananas!  Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment